Monday 4 July 2011

Amity....

This is my journey in which I document my exhumation of life as I know it. Life is about love and love takes on many forms.  Although thus far it would appear that the subject of my writing is that of love with respect to the opposite sex, I do in fact have more to add then that. For aside from love for our families-which is of cardinal importance in establishing a happy life (I think), we must have love for our friends.
This past weekend (which rates VERY high on my fun scale thus far), I came to the realisation that friendship is as important as having clean air to breath. To love your friends, for whom and what they are and ALLOW them to love you back. Now this is a platonic kind of love which bears as much to the soul and of the soul as any other non-platonic love may.  It’s never easy to really open up to someone, we all harbour fear of judgment and ridicule from others, this may stem from past experience or from purely never experiencing TRUE friendship before. Tis normal to fear, in love of the platonic and non-platonic kind but know this, the friendships you nurture and cherish will surpass the non-platonic relationships that may fail. This I can personally attest to.
Your friends are the ones you let in, by that I mean, you let them see you for who and what you are, or rather, they saw you for who and what you are and chose to support you anyway. They will not always agree with the choices you make and it is their job to inform you, should you be lead astray or be about to make a fowl decision. But, as much as it’s their job to warn you, it’s their job to support you should you fall non-the less. This is the hard part, but it is the real part. HOWEVER-in order to have your friends stick around for the real parts, you need to nurture your friendships, don’t shut them out, and don’t be afraid to bear the truth to them.
More important than the above is that friendship is a reciprocal relationship!!!!!!! It’s not all about  JUST take take take or JUST give give give. Yes, some of us are by nature either givers or takers, very few individuals are equally blessed in this department. So, if you’re a giver, don’t let your friends trample on you simply because you enjoy the giving-you deserve take too!!! Likewise, should you know that you are a taker by nature, learn to be more giving and put your own needs aside for the sake of your friend’s needs for a change. Without reciprocity, friendship-or any relationship for that matter, will simply not survive.
Ha-am not as wise as that paragraph just made me appear to be, am but a scholar myself. I have just had the opportunity of seeing both sides of the coin in my life and thus know that friendship is worth having and worth giving a part of yourself for.
Who else is going to tell you to man the f up when you’re wallowing in self-pity or tell you to wake the f up and come back down to earth when you become full of yourself or better yet, laugh with you when you do something daft like, oh I don’t know, flashing random passers-by… J

No comments:

Post a Comment